Crispy Penne Pasta

Crisps?  Good!  Pasta?  Good!  Crispy pasta?  Goooood!  I used my Actifry air fryer to make these but I expect you can do as good a job baking them in the oven.  


Ingredients 

  • 200g durum wheat pasta
  • Spray oil (I used Fry Light olive oil) 
  • Seasonings of your choice.  I used the following:
    • 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
    • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon of tomato powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon of garlic granules
    • 1/4 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
    • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Recipe

  1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil
  2. Add the pasta and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes 
  3. Drain the pasta, and allow to cool so it's as dry as possible before the next step
  4. Spritz with oil and turn over to ensure completely covered
  5. Pop in your air fryer or oven for 15-20 minutes, or until completely crispy
  6. Once cooked, remove from the fryer or oven, mix in your seasonings and scoff!  
If you try them in the oven, let me know and feel free to pop cooking time in the comments. :) 


Comments

Popular Posts